NFTs are popular among all people, and celebrities aren’t an exception, so we’ve found the most prominent collections for you to have a better understanding of who and why minted their own NFTs.
Just a quick reminder on what NFT is. An NFT is a digital asset representing some real-world objects such as art, music, in-game items, documents, videos, and whatever you want to keep in an NFT format. They are unique and one-of-a-kind, that's one of their main points. You can mint, buy, and sell them online, and they are generally encoded with the same underlying software as other cryptos.
NFTs were introduced for the first time in 2014, but they reached their popularity only in 2021. They are still popular among people, though, as it's a way to invest money, preserve copyright, and check on an identity of an encrypted item.
1. Tony Hawk is a legendary American skateboarder and a Bitcoin devotee. He made the first 900 in skateboarding history in 1999. In the same year, the Activision company launched a skateboarding-themed series of video games that was named after him. Hawk made skateboarding one of the most famous, extremal kinds of sport in the world.
His 1st NFT collection, ‘Preseason Access Collection’ Tony released on the Autograph marketplace. NFTs were totally sold in several minutes. It inspired Tony to launch another NFT collection, named ‘Last Trick.’ The collection consisted of ‘Gymnast Plant,’ ‘Magic Dance,’ ‘Front Side Cab,’ ‘Finger Flip,’ and there were 16 600 minted items of collectibles of various rarity.
2. Snoop Dogg is an American rapper, producer, and actor, who presented his own NFT collection in the spring of 2021, and it was called "A Journey with the Dogg". The collection consists of unreleased tracks, and also different items: from jewelry to cigarettes. There will be 8 unique collectibles for selling that were minted by Snoop Dog. A separate is a collection of Snoop Dogg Coins, that was available for buying only for an hour.
3. Johnny Depp is an American actor, director, musician, and producer who presented his paintings as NFTs. NFTs are his friends and people he admires portraits in a digital form. There you’ll find such celebrities as Nickolas Cage, Ledger, and many others. The collection consists of about 11 111 tokens and only 10.000 for selling. To buy, then you should be a lottery winner. The rest of the tokens Depp will spread among his devoted fans and charity organizations, 25% of the income an actor wants to send directly for charity purposes.
4. Paris Hilton is an American actress, singer, songwriter, designer, and a photo-model. Paris and Blake Kathryn, a designer, launched her own NFT collection that includes 3 unique NFTs. The total cost is 1 billion U.S. dollars. Two out of three were for sale in different places. «Hummingbird in my metaverse» and «Legend love» were on sale in 11 editions, and «Iconic crypto queen» was offered only in one. The first two were sold for $10.000 each. The last one was sold for a whopping $1.1 billion.
5. Mike Tyson is a professional heavyweight American boxer. He’s one of the most famous boxers of all time. He launched his NFT collection with a promising artist Corey Van Lew and placed it on the OpenSea marketplace. The collection is a set of 250 cards and 1 NFT named ‘The Ultimate Mike Tyson.’ The total sum on the auction overcame the $1,4 (440 ETH) bar. These are neon pictures of some iconic moments in the boxer’s career, knockouts, winnings in championships, and even attacks on the police officers during his fight with Evander Holyfield.
6. Lionel Messi is an Argentinian footballer, a forward for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and captain of the Argentina national team. Together with an Australian artist who collaborates with Marvel and Disney, he launched his own NFT collection called ‘Messiverse.’ The collection includes 4 colorful arts. One of them depicts Messi wearing PSG T-shirt with his number — 30 in a futuristic style.
One of them depicts Messi wearing PSG T-shirt with his number — 30 in a futuristic style. Other forwards are depicted compared to the Atlant and somewhere outer space among chess pieces.